Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
– Provides primary support to a specific supervisor and/or department.
– Typically has frequent contacts outside the workgroup.
– Typically assignments follow existing routines or instructions.
– Typically considers among a few options and past practice when solving problems
– Typically, guidance is always available and prior permission is required before changing work methods.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
– PC skills, knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Lotus Notes and the Internet.
– Strong written/verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, & strong interpersonal skills.
– Skills in operating office equipment (e.g., fax, copier, phone, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
– Action Oriented
– Decision Quality
– Instills Trust
– Situational Adaptability
– Communicates Effectively
– Customer Focus
The Administrative Assistant performs full administrative and general office duties in support of a Director and/or department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 30% – Performs clerical duties such as typing, note taking, and managing daily mail to make certain that order is maintained within the office or department and documents are accurate; Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files to ensure organization of materials.
- 30% – Schedules and coordinates appointments and makes arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel to ensure effective management of supervisor’s/department’s calendar.
- 25% – Prepares routine letters, memorandums, agendas, presentations, forms, etc.; Maintains Director’ s email and voicemail correspondence to maintain adequate and timely communication
- 15% – Screens telephone calls and resolves or refers them as appropriate; assists with some light accounting/budget review.
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to Director/Sr. Director. This position has 0 Direct Reports
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: No travel required.