Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative. While benefits can vary by location and role, some offer the following. Please speak with your local HR Representative regarding benefit eligibility.
• Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D; short- and long-term disability insurance
• Retirement savings plan and profit-sharing plan, both with company match
• Paid time off and paid holidays, plus paid benefits for maternity and parental leaves
Alfalfa Customer Development Specialist
This position will work remote/virtual.
The Alfalfa Customer Development Specialist is responsible for customer engagement, growing sales volume and gross margin contribution by selling FGI products to target customer segments designated to them. Communicates and sells programs to FGI customers, facilitates product ordering and forecasting, and manages execution of other sales activation activities. Sales emphasis will be technology-based with approximately 10% face to face interaction. Day to day focus will be to support a specialized dealer segment end to end by engaging them in FGI products, programs and technologies.
- Increase profitability, sales volume, and market share of products to assigned accounts and targeted prospects via technology-based selling. Understand and sell the portfolio of brands with a focus on high value traits.
- Proactively communicate and execute seasonal marketing programs, initiatives, and offers with customers.
- Campaigns targeted at programs and product offers to present info, follow-up with intentional connections to secure the sale.
- Regularly review account assignments and remains connected to FGI priorities by
- Weekly score carding
- Participation in meetings
- Staying coordinated to avoid conflicts between internal and external stakeholders
Sales Enablement/Account Management:
- Manages customer orders, pricing, forecasting and trainings.
- Coordinates, funnels, prioritizes data from Power BI to drive sales; builds lists or tools for the geography; serves as the super-user.
- Ensures smooth transition from field sales
- Project Hayfield customer support ensuring seamless transition between changing distribution models
Products and Tools:
- Utilizes sales tools including introduction letters, pre call planning documents, conversation starters, newsletters, and marketing program announcements to help owners leverage the FGI enterprise to grow their business.
- Utilizes CRM tool (Salesforce) to provide tracking reports on calls made, marketing and service activities as management requires and maintain up to date and accurate client history records.
- Coordinates training and education to customers programs
- Utilizes Power BI to identify opportunities, gaps and prospects.
- Enters all orders through EVOLVE order system.
- Demonstrates expertise in full line of products with strong emphasis on high value traited alfalfa
Customer Support and Logistics:
- Resolves conflicts between dealers promptly and equitably.
- Partners with Credit on resolving payment challenges.
- Identify & document the owner’s critical issues limiting their sales growth. Develops customized solutions to assist the owner to overcome their critical issues.
Responsible for the following Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Sales revenue and margin.
- Expense budget.
- Supports up to 250 unique retail accounts in size between $25,000 to $25 million in annual sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business-related field plus 2 or more years of industry or direct sales experience OR High school diploma/GED and 6 or more years of successful work experience in industry or direct sales experience.
- Ability to see the “big picture” of the organization and understands the key drivers of the business relate to each other, work together to produce profitable growth, and relate to the job.
- Proactive communicator with exceptional written, verbal, and formal presentation skills.
- Trustworthy with a strong level of personal commitment.
- Ability to make sound decisions and complete tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage productivity.
- Experience demonstrating agility and leading/adapting quickly to change.
- Technical agriculture product / crop expertise and ability to develop and educate others on products, services, and programs.
- Solid experience using Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); virtual collaboration tools (Teams, Zoom); and CRM software (Salesforce).
- Travel up 10% required.
- Optimize Selling Effectiveness
- Lead and Embrace Change
- Demonstrate Agility
- Execute with Focus and Accountability
- Engage and Include
- Act Strategically
- Make Insightful Decisions
Salary is negotiable based on experience: $75,040 – $112,560