The Associate Data Scientist is responsible for supporting data science initiatives that drive business profitability, increased efficiencies and improved customer experience. This role works closely with Data Scientists and/or Sr. Data Scientists in their team to develop solutions by applying advanced analytics methods and algorithms for identifying trends and providing business solutions. Based on the specific data science team, this role may need to develop skills in one or more data science specializations, such as Optimization, Anomaly Detection and Natural Language Generation.
As an Associate Data Scientist, you will develop skills that effectively leverage data science methodologies to creatively solve business problems and provide strategic insights. This requires effective communication skills as well as continuous learning and development at both the technical and business level.
- 70% Solution Development – Design and develop algorithms and models to use against large datasets to create business insights; Supports data science projects by conducting effective analysis to solve business problems; Executes tasks with high levels of efficiency and quality; Consults with Data Scientist or Sr. Data Scientist on appropriate selection, utilization and interpretation of advanced analytical methodologies; Learn about the assigned business areas to provide better solutions by incorporating business-specific knowledge
- 20% Communicating Results – Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audience; Support preparation of reports, updates and/or presentations related to progress made on a project or solution; Highlights potential impacts of recommendations to drive alignment and appropriate implementation
- 10% Technical Learning – Keep up to date on industry trends, best practices and emerging methodologies; Continually develop skills and expertise in data analytics concepts and methodologies; Identify opportunities to apply learnings
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position reports to manager or above
- This position has 0 direct reports
- No travel required.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.