At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
As the Billing Specialist at Vanta, you will own the customer billing lifecycle ensuring operational excellence in accuracy of customer invoicing, cash receipts and provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers. In this high-volume role, the Billing Specialist is prioritizing tasks and using critical thinking to complete work.
Maintaining accurate customer records and timely collection of accounts is critical to Vanta’s continued growth. As the Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for timely and accurate billings and sales tax reporting.
What you’ll do as a Billing Specialist at Vanta:
- Daily entry and distribution of customer invoices, cash application, and changes in customer information
- Build a strong relationship with customers. Investigate, address, and resolve customer payment issues. Work with customers (internal and external) to implement corrective actions to minimize or eliminate re-occurrence in the future.
- Assist with end to end order to cash collection
- Perform reconciliation between accounting systems and operating systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of data. Collaborate across functions to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Assist with the sales and other local tax reporting ensuring timely and accurate compliance.
- Conduct credit assessments for new customers
- Participate in ad hoc accounting projects
How to be successful in this role:
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to foster positive relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly
- Attention to detail
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years experience working in billing
- Experience working with Salesforce, NetSuite (or other ERP systems), Stripe, Bill.com a plus
- Experience in software preferred
Pay Range: $71,000 – $83,000; If you are offered the position, your offer amount will be based on your experience.
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
We started in 2018, in the wake of several high-profile data breaches. Online security was only becoming more important, but we knew firsthand how hard it could be for fast-growing companies to invest the time and manpower it takes to build a solid security foundation.
Vanta was inspired by a vision to restore trust in internet businesses by enabling companies to improve and prove their security.
From our early days automating security monitoring for compliance standards like SOC 2, HIPAA and ISO 27001 to creating the world’s leading Trust Management Platform, our vision remains unchanged.
Now more than ever, making security continuous—not just a point-in-time check— is essential. Thousands of companies rely on Vanta to build, maintain and demonstrate their trust— all in a way that’s real-time and transparent.