CodeSignal is looking for a passionate and growth-minded Business Development Representative to join our Sales team and spread our message to help the world #GoBeyondResumes! The Business Development Rep will be responsible for qualifying inbound and outbound leads and converting them to opportunities. You will generate pipeline through creative outreach (i.e.: cold calling, emailing, using LinkedIn, video recordings etc.). This is the ideal position for a results-driven self-starter that excels at building early relationships and is inventive with their outbound efforts. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to join a collaborative work culture where we all work for the same goal!
CodeSignal is the leading technical interview solution, helping the world #GoBeyondResumes to hire high-quality and diverse technical talent. Talent Acquisition teams and engineering leaders use CodeSignal’s skills evaluation frameworks to tap into underrepresented pools of candidates, save valuable engineering resources, increase speed-to-hire, and increase candidate pipeline yield.
Founded in 2015, CodeSignal is trusted by innovative tech firms, financial services institutions, and the largest enterprises including Robinhood, Instacart, Uber, Netflix, Zoom, Facebook, Pinterest, Block, and Capital One. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Becoming an Industry Leader in G2’s Technical Screening Software Category, 2022
- Winning BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Small Companies in SF 2022 award
- Getting Certified as a Best Place to Work 2021-2022
- Raising $50M in our Series C led by Index Ventures in 2021
- Raising $25M in our Series B led by Menlo Ventures in late 2020
- Coming in at #3 on SaaS Mag’s “SaaS 1000” list in 2020
What makes a Signalite?
Signalites are the incredible people who make up CodeSignal’s global team. We believe every Signalite should be given the context to understand decisions, the freedom to act independently, and the responsibility to do what’s right. These principles build upon each other to drive motivation, speed, innovation, and a results-oriented, high-performing culture. We believe that culture is not just about principles, but also behaviors. This belief can be seen and felt in everything we do as Signalites.
- Generate Pipeline through multiple channels
- Collaborate with your Account Executive counterparts on deal strategy, territory analysis and pipeline growth
- Communicate with inbound leads and customers via phone, zoom, LinkedIn, email
- Identify areas of conversion rate improvements throughout the sales cycle
- Utilize with multiple SAAS tools to interact with leads and customers quickly and professionally
- Answering questions regarding the CodeSignal family of products/services
- Prospecting for new clients via telephone, e-mail, social media, seminars/conferences, referrals, etc.
- Identifying new/existing competition and customer’s current pain points in order to address their needs properly
- Analyzing customer needs and interests, determining which products are appropriate for the client and referring to the appropriate party within the organization
- Promoting CodeSignal values and mission of going beyond resumes, increasing diversity, and decreasing bias in hiring
- 1+ yrs experience in sales at tech/SaaS company preferred
- A customer-first attitude
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid growth
- Organizational, research, networking, and time-management skills
- Ability to wear many hats, jumping from task to task as needed
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- A collaborative, helpful, and empathetic team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively identify severe issues and escalate them properly
- Easily able to form strong relationships with different groups of stakeholders and counterparts
- This role is open to candidates anywhere in the U.S. with a minimum 5-hour overlap with PST working hours
- Excited about joining a fast-paced startup and working towards a goal with like-minded co-workers.
Why You’ll Love It Here
💰 Competitive salaries based on local market
🩺 Medical, dental, and vision insurance
🥳 Team activities and get-togethers to connect with your fellow Signalites
🏝 Unlimited PTO and remote-first work policy
📚 Continuous learning with educational reimbursements provided
- 💻 Equipment provision and generous home office setup stipend
💙 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join a fast-growing SaaS company
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At CodeSignal, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and helps us all grow as Signalites and individuals. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. CodeSignal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.