You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Imagine this. Everyday, in claims centers around the world, UnitedHealth Group is processing and resolving payment information for millions of transactions. Would you think we have some great technology? Would you think we know how to manage volume? You would be right. No one’s better. And no company has put together better teams of passionate, energetic and all out brilliant Claims Representatives. This is where you come in. We’ll look to you to maintain our reputation for service, accuracy and a positive claims experience. We’ll back you with great training, support and opportunities.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6 am to 6:00 pm candidate’s local time zone. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. We offer 12 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm CST Monday – Friday.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide general claims support by reviewing and processing claims
- Calculate other insurance and benefits
- Participate in meetings to share, discuss, and solution for question or error trends, as well as potential process improvements
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
This is a challenging role that takes an ability to thoroughly review, analyze and research complex health care claims in order to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations and process them for payment. You’ll need to be comfortable navigating across various computer systems to locate critical information. Attention to detail is critical to ensure accuracy, which will impact the timely processing of the member’s claim.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Experience using Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save and send documents) and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save and send spreadsheets)
- Must be able to train for the entire 12 weeks, Mon- Fri during the hours of 8 AM -4:30 PM Central Time
- Must be able to work an eight hour shift between the hours of 6 AM and 6 PM (candidate’s local time)
- Basic understanding of healthcare claims including ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.