About the role
As a Complaints Team Leader, you’ll be joining our Operations leadership team to support our rapidly growing Complaints line of business. You will be responsible for growing and leading a team of Complaint Specialists, who investigate and respond to our members’ most urgent and complicated matters. With the goal of building trust and open communication internally and externally, the Complaints Team Leader will provide support, advice, and oversight for the team’s day-to-day work. You will ensure the team’s complaints are tracked, triaged, prioritized, owned, and resolved effectively. The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader who has a keen eye for root cause analysis and a curiosity about disseminating sophisticated findings to a wide variety of team members. If you are a strong decision maker who is calm under pressure, we’d love to hear from you!
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $116,100 and up to $161,300. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Act as a thought partner for the team, ensuring that complaint remediation efforts both foster member trust and simultaneously reduce our regulatory, reputational, and financial risks
- Support specialists with root cause analysis methodologies, allowing the team to hone in on process and performance gaps observed in the complaint lifecycle
- Celebrate excellent performance and empower your team to improve areas of opportunity. Hire, train, and maintain a culture of talent development as the business grows
- Be a champion for performance management. You’ll own and assess your team’s progress toward support individual performance goals, and hold team members accountable to expectations
- Routinely and clearly communicate what needs to fall to management and stakeholders
To thrive in this role, you have
- 5+ years in a leadership role that included sourcing and hiring talent, scaling operations, and providing ongoing coaching and feedback to team members
- The belief it’s integral to lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- A passion for finding the best possible solution under challenging circumstances, and proven ability to drive preferred outcomes via strong verbal and written de-escalation skills.
- The aptitude to foster cohesion and inclusivity in a remote team environment across multiple time zones
- The ability to pivot and prioritize in a rapidly changing, agile environment
- A propensity for curiosity; Are comfortable asking probing questions to understand a wide spectrum of workstreams (including Disputes, Fraud & Risk, Member Experience and Support, Product, Legal, Engineering, and more)
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills and dashboarding experience using data visualization tools such as Looker
- Payment operations experience preferred