Get involved with the U-Haul family and join our Human Resources Information Systems team today!
Under the direction of the HRIS Manager, this individual will join the HRIS team, providing reporting, business process configuration and security administration to over 30,000 Active daily users across the United States and Canada. As part of the Human Resources Department, this position will work closely with business units to help deliver an efficient and easy to use product that will help both field and corporate office users. We are looking for an individual with strong technical skills and who demonstrates strength in teamwork in an agile environment while maintaining clear communication with both technical users as well as end users.
The HRIS team is responsible for the implementation and on-going support of Workday HR/Payroll and related integrations, configurations, and reporting within a continuous delivery cycle.
- Deliver reports, system configuration, etc. in two-week iterations using Azure DevOps.
- Interface with Business Analysts to meet the needs of our internal Business Units and internal team members.
- Participate in design and acceptance reviews with customer.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Interface with the HRIS Manager and other members of the HRIS team for architectural design, brainstorming and trouble shooting.
- Interface Workday help desk, Workday community, and Workday consultants.
- Proficient with Calculated Fields, and Dashboards in Workday.
- Familiarity with the Workday Object model and creating calculated fields and custom reports as well as demonstrated proficiently with Web Services.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Continually improve software engineering best practices in Workday.
- Detect, define, and debug programs whenever problems are reported or encountered.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- 3+ years of Workday functional experience.
- 3+ years of development and/or configuration experience within Workday’s US (and Canada) Payroll (preferred).
- Time tracking, absence, advance compensation, and Canadian payroll (preferred).
- Experience in the following Workday modules (preferred)
- Time Tracking
- Ability to work efficiently under shifting project priorities while managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision and varied time constraints.
- Experience with HRMS/Payroll and Oracle database.
- Must possess a strong interest in technology and its advancement. Must be an effective and tactful communicator; verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Must possess a high level of customer service.
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team and interact successfully with project staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or applicable work experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Workday certifications (preferred).
U-Haul Company Culture:
U-Haul is family. In many cases, that’s not just figurative talk. Generations of the same families often choose to build careers here, realizing that a personal investment in U-Haul means providing for each other. U-Haul helps families move from locations in all 50 states and 13 Canadian Provinces and Territories.
When a family entrusts U-Haul and its services with their loved ones and possessions amid the stress and adventure of a move, we embrace that awesome responsibility. A caring culture means catering to our millions of annual customers. But it also means supporting our thousands of dedicated Team Members. The health of our Team Members and their families is our priority. Our wellness benefits and programs continue to grow with a focus on mindset, nutrition, fitness, overall health, and financial security. We listen to the needs of our team. The new Shoen Center indoor fitness gym with an onsite medical clinic is a vital resource to helping them conquer their health and wellness goals.
Get your career moving with a company who empowers Team Members to the healthiest version of themselves!
Perks of Joining U-Haul:
- Full Medical coverage
- Prescription plans
- Dental & Vision Plans
- New indoor fitness gym
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Registered Dietitian Program
- Weight Watchers
- Onsite medical clinic for you and your family
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Free online courses for personal and professional development at U-Haul University®
- Business and travel insurance
- You Matter Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Life insurance
- Critical Illness/Group Accident
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Mindset App Program
- Discounts on cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- LifeLock Identity Theft
- Savvy consumer wellness programs – from health care tips to financial wellness
- Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program
- U-Haul Federal Credit Union
- Wellness Program
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.