At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: Content strategists are tackling a new writing challenge every day, but there are a few constants: As a member of our team of expert writers, you’ll collaborate with our account strategists, ad specialists, and production whizzes to achieve our clients’ goals and tell the right story from start to finish. You’ll put your unique spin on copy while mastering industry best practices. And you’ll craft arguments that lead to real change – change the future depends on.
If you’re eager to hone the voices of some of the biggest names in politics or to flex your creative muscles with a team that’s as skilled in gif selection as we are in generating opens and clicks, then we’d love to hear from you.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Writing email, website, advertising, and social media copy;
- Working with client teams to develop and maintain compelling, authentic voice for world-changing nonprofit leaders, Democratic elected officials and political challengers;
- Working with client teams to help manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Contributing to collaborative brainstorms and planning sessions; and
- Analyzing performance to determine future messaging.
- A predisposition toward out-of-the-box thinking and bold ideas;
- Experience writing speeches, editorials, or emails in someone else’s voice;
- Comfort receiving feedback and addressing both written and live edits;
- A mind for both finding the right words and explaining the thinking behind them; and
- Passion for making our world a better place.
- Background in political campaigns, on the Hill or with a nonprofit is preferred;
- Familiarity with email marketing and current best practices is ideal; and
- Experience reviewing and optimizing based on digital metrics is a plus.
Salary range for this role is $60,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on experience.
Please apply with:
A resume, cover letter and two writing samples that demonstrate your ability to create engaging and persuasive content.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available