What Customer Operations Support contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for answering inbound calls from customers to place orders or reorders of medical supplies. Agents will act as a liaison, problem-solving order issues, researching accounts and providing resolutions in a high-volume call center.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 2-4 years experience in high volume call center preferred where communication and active listening skills have been utilized
- Previous experience working in a remote/work from home setting is preferred
- Prior experience working with Microsoft Office is preferred
- Prior experience working with order placement systems and tools preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Root cause analysis experience preferred
- Familiarity with call-center phone systems preferred
- Excellent Phone Skills with a focus on quality
- Previous experience being able to achieve daily call center metrics including but not limited to average handle time, adherence, average speed to answer, QA
Responsibilities in this Role:
The Customer Care Specialist operates as a “Universal Agent”, who is able to meet the needs of our customers throughout the entire order placement lifecycle. Ultimately, qualified candidates, will be responsible for providing customer assistance, including, but not limited to, order placement, product information, order status, order discrepancies, and customer complaints for approximately ~60-80 incoming calls per day.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers, caregivers, and applicable referral sources regarding various medical supplies while having sincere interest in the speaker
- Ability to handle high call volumes consistently throughout the workday that range in complexity and sensitivity while maintaining composure with customers
- Process orders for new and existing customers, collecting necessary information for insurance billing; collect payment as needed
- Operate company provided hardware and navigate multiple computer programs throughout the day to address customer’s concerns
- Consults with Supervisor or Team Lead on complex and unusual problems
- Adhere to business processes to ensure all work is being done compliantly and in accordance with regulatory standards
- Navigate multiple systems and consult with internal resources to provide order status updates to achieve first time call resolution
- Interpret the meaning of insurance terminology, plans and documentation and explain what it means in an easy-to-understand way
- Explain our products and offerings to our customers to ensure compatible with customer conditions
- Identify and communicate appropriate next steps and expectations to customers based upon system messaging, insurance requirements, and order placement process
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers and co-workers at all times
SHIFT: Your new hire training will take place Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5pm EST, mandatory attendance is required. Once you have completed new hire training, you will take part in a shift bid to determine your schedule.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am-9pm EST Mon-Fri and 9am-3pm EST Sat. Agents assigned a shift with a Saturday workday will receive a shift differential of $1/hr. Agents assigned a shift that ends at or after 8pm, will receive a shift differential of $2/hr.