This is a Remote Position
Must Be Located in Florida
Who we are:
We connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world – with 1.7 billion active listings, we help match 134 million active buyers with the things they love every day. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay.
We are passionate about creating the best experiences for our people, customers, and partners! Our customer experience teams support eBay’s buyers and sellers across the globe. You will be the first point of contact, supporting our customers in the quickest, simplest, and easiest way to deliver extraordinary impact.
- Provide outstanding empathy, patience, active listening, and adapt to members with low level of tech and/or eBay knowledge
- Able to drive clarity and ask probing questions to identify the root of the issue. Convey realistic expectations about next steps and actions, with a focus on first time resolution
- Ability to demonstrate special care and connection with customers, establishing trust and driving brand loyalty
- Apply own judgment in certain cases to proactively find a resolution when not immediately available
- Identify when a customer is dissatisfied with eBay and has a complaint to improve our customer support and business operations.
- Able to work a day shift with a start time ranging from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM with two consecutive days off, working either Saturday or Sunday
- Hardworking and energetic to what we do. You care, so we can move the dial. Lead with understanding that everything we do impacts our people and customers
- Looking for a culture where we value, support, and inspire each other. Feel empowered and open to possibilities.
- Able to deliver extraordinary impact. You start by being excellent at the basics and going over and beyond for our people, customers, and partners
- Committed to consistently adhere to internal policies/processes and regulatory compliance. Strictly adheres to guidelines and minimizes errors, omissions, and oversights
- Willing to create a culture that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration. Value the diversity of thought and everyone’s input, while creating a safe environment where we listen with curiosity, even if we disagree.
To be successful (Requirements):
- 3+ years of call center or relevant customer service experience
- A stellar communicator, with high level of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Digital proficiency in navigating web-based & e-commerce specific software applications, office suites, instant messaging, and internet searches
- You are customer-centric and maintain a high level of customer care in a variety of different and complicated situations
- Skilled and insightful to the needs of customers
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly evolving working environment
Work from Home Requirements:
- Must Be Located in Florida.
- Have a secure workspace, preferably in a room or office with a door that closes it off from noises and distractions such as pets, children and other adults.
- Willing to work a structured work schedule which includes not being able to undertake the primary care of another individual (such as a child or adult) while working at home.
- Wired Internet connection, capable of continuously supporting excellent call quality and high-speed response rates (wireless, DSL and/or satellite Internet Service Providers are not compatible with our systems)
- Internet service does need to have a consistent internet speed of 10 mbps download and 4 mbps upload
What is Next?
Thanks for taking the first step in starting your career with eBay, we look forward to reviewing your application. We have multiple steps in our process. If you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted via email and asked to complete an online skills assessment.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: Our Benefits:
Starting pay of $19.50/hr with differentials for swing and weekend shifts
Benefits on Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance)
16+ Days of Paid Time Off
eBay Sabbatical- Every 5 years, receive 4 weeks off at 100% pay
Teammates receive quarterly performance bonuses and yearly performance raises
And many more at ebaybenefits.com