Customer Service Advocate – Patient Care
Have you heard? Express Scripts is now part of Cigna. Together, we’ve got big plans. How big, you ask? We want to change health care to make it more affordable, more personalized, and more focused on helping the whole person to achieve better health outcomes. And that’s only the beginning. Read on to learn more about working with us.
Transform healthcare and contribute to our industry-leading organization as a Patient Care Advocate.
Our Patient Care Advocates are dedicated team members who excel at customer service, helping us elevate our patient care to new heights. In this crucial role, you are on the front lines with patients, responding to phone inquiries and addressing each with care, detail, and most importantly, empathy.
Here’s a little more on how you’ll make a difference:
- Help patients understand their pharmacy benefits better. Use the knowledge you gain from training, your problem-solving skills and support from your team answer patient calls effectively.
- Help us keep track of our patient interactions. While on calls, use your expert listening skills to get to the heart of a patient’s question quickly and document all interactions in real-time.
- Ensure patients are equipped with the best advice. Identify and empathetically address patient concerns and, if necessary, escalate appropriately.
What You Should Have:
- High School Diploma / GED required
- 1 year of relevant experience
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- NOTE: We are currently training in a work at home environment, and you will be required to have reliable internet connectivity provided through a wired connection. A mobile or hot spot environment is not acceptable and you may need to purchase an Ethernet cord depending on your current set up.
What you’ll love about working here:
- Fun, friendly, and unique culture – Bring your whole self to work every day!
- Choice of three unique medical plans
- Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Employee Contributions for HRA and HSA accounts
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
Some of the positions filled are for DOD specific position and require you to live in specific counties
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly rate of 17 – 18 USD / hourly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna.