Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
As a customer support representative at Merit, you will join a customer-obsessed team in meeting the needs of our users. You will contribute to standard customer support tasks including answers and troubleshooting technical questions from users and developers. In addition, you will focus on the creation and maintenance of the data connections and tools required for the customer support team to address customer needs quickly and with context. You will work closely with Merit engineering and product teams to ensure that customer support tools and processes adapt to product changes and continue to provide our customers with the best possible support.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take the initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role with occasional travel.
What you will do
- Problem solving through communication channels such as email, text, phone, live chat, video calls, and messenger apps
- Keep detailed and organized records of customer interactions or transactions, inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken
- Contribute technical knowledge and perspective to the customer support team and drive diagnosis and trouble-shooting for technical support and user issues
- Continually learn existing tools, resources and processes at Merit
- Recognize gaps in skill set and seek out opportunities to develop and grow skills and abilities
- Maintain support level agreement team goals and escalate when the goals are not achievable
- Communicate all functions, features, and details of our products and services to our customers
- Identify problems with an understanding of the level of a problem (for example, strategic, tactical, operational) and contribute to the solution
- Invest in developing yourself and relationships with others across the company. Show a strong desire to collaborate with and give feedback to others
- Maintain communication with multidisciplinary teams to ensure correct paths are available for the escalation of incoming inquiries
- Work well with frustrated customers. Actively listen to concerns and consistently identify the best course of action to resolve tense situations
- Understand the customer experience within the business and contribute to projects that improve on the experience
- Support maintenance of a documented knowledge base to meet internal and customer needs and to steadily improve the standardization and efficiency of our support function
- Represent the voice of our customer base and bring useful insights to help our teams better understand how our customers experience our products and services
- Help us establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support
Your Skills & Experiences
- 2+ years experience in a Customer, Technical, and/or Sales Support role
- Proficiency in a CRM such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Zendesk, or other
- Proficiency in either Google Sheets, Excel, or both
- Ability to multitask effectively and follow through on tasks
- Technical training on integrated web applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Adept at communicating benefits and managing conflict where it arises
- Highly motivated, values-driven Customer Support team player with high energy, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated success in consistently delivering against short and long term objectives
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Detail and data-oriented with proven ability to drive multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Availability 5:30am – 11:30pm Eastern and/or Western (Rotating)
- Willingness and ability to work a modified week or rotating on-call weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel to conferences as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
$59,500 – $85,350 a year