You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want – apply today! We provide the support and structure, you provide the interest and motivation.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities, and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
In this role, you play a critical role in creating a quality experience for the callers that you connect with and those that you correspond with. Every interaction gives you that opportunity to improve the lives of our customers and exceed their expectations. You’ll spend the majority of your day by responding to calls from our providers, helping answer questions and resolve issues regarding health care eligibility, claims and payments. You may be asked to review and research incoming healthcare claims from providers (doctors, clinics, etc.) by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms to provide updates.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 5 weeks of paid training starting 7/24/2023. The hours during training will be 8am to 4:30pm CST, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e., benefit, eligibility, authorizations for treatment, and claims
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the caller in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the provider
- Review and research incoming healthcare claims from providers (doctors, clinics, etc.) by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms to provide updates to providers
- Communicate and collaborate with providers to resolve issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of efficiency, accuracy, quality, customer satisfaction and attendance
- This position will receive and handle both mostly provider calls: 50-60 daily.
- Provider calls including UHN and non UHN networks (custom provider network questions from UMR medical provider customers such as hospital/clinic)
- Handles unique customized employer benefit plans
- This position will receive provider calls up to 50-60 calls daily and requires full attention to work duties. Employees in this role must be able to ensure they will have uninterrupted work time while they are on shift (outside of normally scheduled breaks and lunch)
UMR as a TPA Supports:
- Customers – are employers who use UMR as a TPA to administer their plans
- Providers – are medical providers (hospital/clinic)
- Members – are subscribers and dependents of self-insured employer plans
- Brokers – are consultants that work with the employer who might call UMR’s service team on a question/claim; calls from Brokers are nominal as they normally reach out directly to the Sales Account teams or the Service Account Management team.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer’s concerns
- Ability to successfully complete the Customer Service training class and demonstrate proficiency of the material (The training class is 5 weeks of paid training starting 7/24/2023. The hours during training will be 8am to 4:30pm CST)
- Ability to work full-time Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- 2+ years customer service OR experience in the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customer expectations (responding in respectful, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests, and identify the current and future needs of the provider
- Proficient problem-solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of customer communication styles and personalities
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York, Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $31.44.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.