Whirlpool is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company and markets
Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, and other major brand names in more
than 170 countries around the world.
This role in summary
At Whirlpool and within our Consumer Services organization there are many opportunities for
career growth and advancement. As a Customer Service Representative, you may support
our trade partners, consumers, and/or internal process partners via phone, chat, email, or
other technology for our Whirlpool Consumer Services organization. These interactions range
from scheduling service appointments to placing orders and scheduling deliveries. Whirlpool
Consumer Services support our customers from 8 am-6 pm EST Monday through Friday. This
position is completely remote/work from home.
Your responsibilities will include
● Managing and maintaining customer information databases while providing product
and service information, processing customer transactions, and resolving customer
inquiries on the first call.
● Contribute to customer satisfaction through the resolution of customer service
requests while meeting individual and team productivity goals.
● Facilitate policy adjustments and product exchange requests, and when necessary
escalate emergency service situations to Leaders, Team Advisors, and Managers.
● Provide assistance to Team Advisors on special projects as assigned.
● Inbound contacts via multiple channels – phone, email, chat.
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and computer systems.
● Customer Service both internal and external
● Sales for extended service plans
Whirlpool Corporation Global Headquarters
2000 N. M63
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
● Must be able to work full time/40-hour schedule
● High School Diploma/GED
● Ability to provide an in‐home office environment that is ergonomic, comfortable,
and in its own space separate from the living space.
● Ability to provide a quiet environment during work hours with no distractions.
● Cable or DSL internet service must be available in your area with a 12+ Mbps
download and roughly 2 kbps upload speed. Satellite service is not acceptable. WI-FI
is not acceptable. A wired ethernet cable connection is required.
● Must be able to provide office equipment other than the PC (desk, chair, lighting)
● Must be able to work shifts between 8 am-8 pm Monday to Friday
● At least 1 year of customer service experience in a virtual environment or equal
experience in customer service.
Preferred skills and experiences
● Ability to type at least 35 error-free words per minute while interacting with
● Ability to troubleshoot issues and find appropriate resolutions while maintaining
empathy and professionalism
● Intermediate computer skills and ability to navigate through multiple systems
● Virtual environment experience a plus
● Experience with computer setup and overall computer literacy
● Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
● Previous virtual call center experience or applicable retail customer service
● Intermediate computer skills and comfortability working with contact center
software such as SAP-eCRM, Aspect, Genesys, Google Suite, or Zoom.
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple computer
programs, across multiple screens.
● Critical thought and experience in problem identification and creative problem
What is in it for you?
● The opportunity to work full-time from the comfort of your home
● Competitive compensation at $16.00 an hour
● Opportunities for sales commission
● Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
● 401(k) Investments Program
● Appliance discounts and other employee perks
● Professional growth and advancement opportunities