Our team is 100% remote and distributed across the world. We have team members in Australia, the US, Canada, Thailand, Germany, Argentina, South Africa, the UK, and Romania. It doesn’t matter where you live or what time zone you’re in.
Your main responsibility will be to reply to customers asking for help with WP All Export and WP All Import. You need to love to help others and be able to keep it friendly even when dealing with difficult customers. You need to enjoy the whole process of turning anxious, confused, or angry customers into happy ones. You must be an excellent writer. We want our support replies to be friendly, easy to understand, and concise.
We are a small team but we try to give everyone as much flexibility as possible. Flexibility means that you can work in the mornings, or the evenings, or both, or in the middle of the night, or whatever. It means you can take two weeks off to go on a trip. It means you can wake up and decide you don’t feel like working and take the day off without telling anyone.
We aim to be as asynchronous as possible. We hate meetings, live chat, Slack, etc because it causes interruptions. You will have a list of prioritized tasks assigned to you, and we’ll do our absolute best to leave you alone so that you can work on them in peace on your own time.
As a remote company, it’s important to us to keep a strong line between our personal life and our work. Some places like to tell their employees they are joining a family. They have regular events unrelated to work like social chat rooms, hangouts over Zoom, etc. This is just another way for these companies to emotionally manipulate people into doing more work. You have an actual family and working with Soflyy means you can organize your work around the rest of your life, using your time as you see fit.
For most of us here, that is the primary draw. If you take a look at https://www.wpallimport.com/about/, you will notice that we have a lot of people who have worked here for many years. Our employee attrition rate is approximately zero, and we think the flexibility we offer is the primary reason.
- Responding to customer support inquiries
- Adding to and improving our documentation
- Aggregating customer feedback and assisting us with development/product roadmap decisions
- Writing concise bug reports based on support tickets that are a result of bugs in WP All Export or WP All Import
- Testing development versions of WP All Import and WP All Export
- Developing add-ons for WP All Import
- Minimum availability of 30 hours per week.
- Flawless written English.
- Expert-level WordPress knowledge. Extensive experience with WordPress including troubleshooting, debugging, plugin development, and WordPress database structure.
- At least intermediate-level PHP knowledge. Ability to write PHP functions, work with arrays, and make use of our API: http://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/developers/execute-php/, http://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/developers/action-reference/, and http://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/addon-dev/overview/
- Fast and hands-on learner. Able to quickly become familiar with our software and learn new things about WordPress, PHP, and related technologies.
- Experience with WooCommerce.
- Familiarity with XML and CSV file formats and XPath.
- Debugging and troubleshooting WordPress themes and plugins by looking into their code and the database