This position is open to candidates who live within 100 miles of Tempe, AZ.
Where you’ll work: This is a hybrid position that requires spending time working from home and in the office. After training, associates will work approximately 5 days out of the month in office. Schedules require availability on the weekends.
Compensation: Starting pay is $19.75/hr.
This job currently offers a temporary Targeted $2 Premium Differential. You will receive an extra $2 for each hour worked through the duration of this program. The differential rate, timing of the program, and program eligibility are subject to change at any time. This rate differential is temporary in nature and may be reevaluated by State Farm in its sole discretion..
You are also eligible for:
- 10% shift differential available for specific hours and weekends
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
Total Rewards Benefit: We like to reward our employees for their hard work and commitment. That is why we offer benefits you might not find other places:
Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what’s important to you
- Parental leave for mothers and fathers
- Wellness and mental health programs
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Medical, dental and vision
- Health Reimbursement Account, Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
- Development and Mentor programs designed to help our employees grow and achieve their specific career goals
- Employee Resource Groups – State Farm’s Good Neighbor Culture celebrates diversity and promotes an inclusive environment where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected. The State Farm
- Employee Resource Group (ERG) program is a key element in our Enterprise D&I Structure and Strategy
JOB PREVIEW: Care Center Specialist II SFPP/Billing
SFPP/Billing Department is large and consists of different areas, but they all work together in order to provide flexible billing and payment options for our growing number of policyholders. SFPP Representatives provide knowledgeable support to State Farm agents and policyholders by servicing our billing and payment plans. Currently, we service over 20 million accounts, and we handle ALL lines of Insurance (i.e. health, auto, life, home, etc.) We also service multiple States throughout the Country, which is one of the reasons for our extended operating hours. While it is called a payment plan, as a representative you do not take any payments over the phone. At no time will you be receiving credit card numbers or payment options over the phone.
SFPP/Billing Representatives have 2 Primary Functions:
- Call Center- Managing Incoming Calls (Average of 80-100 calls/DAY) and (Metric Based, handle times and wrap times)
- Production Items (back office or Live work)—Managing Billing Inquiries/Payment Resolutions through our Computerized System called Q-Bank.
SFPP/Billing Representatives Interact with 3 Types of Customers:
- State Farm Agents and their staff members. Occasionally, you may speak to a policyholder, but most times their questions are filtered through their agents,
- Internal Customers: i.e., CCC Escalations, Claims, and Underwriting Departments,
- External Customers: i.e., Financial InstitutionsCritical
Skillsets needed in role:
Customer Service-– State Farm associates are expected to deliver a “Remarkable” customer experience, “Remarkable” is a mindset within State Farm that means (personalized, simple, caring) throughout every interaction with our customer and other associates within State Farm.
Multitasking — Managing phone calls and all other work while efficiently navigating between multiple computer screens.
Analytical Skills– Most of the work will involve researching and resolving complicated billing issues. So, this will require you to research and figure out “how” or” why” a problem occurred and identify the best solution. Certain situations require decision making in areas that are not clearly defined (i.e., gray areas).
The position you’ve applied for is housed in an area of SFPP that is a fast-paced and structured work environment. In this environment, our employees assist customers from all areas of the country.
Our workforce planning creates daily schedules narrowed down to 15-minute increments. Associates are responsible for and evaluated on their ability to adhere to the schedule. This includes scheduled breaks and lunches. Associates are held accountable for being reliable, arriving on time every day and coming back from breaks on time. Unplanned Absences – “Time Off”policies are strongly enforced.
The Structured Work Environment also includes: (All work is monitored and recorded)
- Performance phone monitoring which includes 1×1 assessments
- Email monitoring for quality assurance purposes
- SFPP environment provides for:
– regular team huddles
– individual meetings with supervisor
– celebrate successes
– review individual/team goals and results
– review process updates and environment changes
- Dress for your Day philosophy permits relaxed, relaxed business casual to casual attire that must be neat, clean & appropriate to wear in an office environment.
Math skills are needed for billing calculations and adjustments and to facilitate verbal and written communications with business partners.
Competitive candidates must:
- Communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
- Be resourceful – know where to find answers
- Be able to successfully multi-task
- Thrive on working in a team environment; and be accountable for your work and your schedule!