Our customer base continues to grow and we’re looking for an analytical and curious customer support specialist to join our team and make a big impact.
As a customer support specialist, you will be focused on ensuring that customers receive best-in-class service and have access to the help they need to be successful using Muck Rack. You’ll be a good fit for this role if you enjoy creating exceptional customer experiences, and helping customers achieve their goals comes naturally to you.
You will work closely with the editorial, customer success, and product teams.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a first responder for inbound communication through our site
- Answer customer questions and provide how-to help on Muck Rack’s capabilities, with a focus on reducing customer effort and furthering product knowledge
- Escalate and diagnose software issues; work with our product and engineering teams to solve complex product issues
- Follow site issues to resolution and customer satisfaction
- Proactively reach out to customers who show signs of user error
- Identify processes that need to be improved and evolved
- Maintain expert product knowledge of Muck Rack and stay well informed of new and existing features
How success will be measured in this role:
- Time to close
- Average time to respond within 10 minutes or less
- Number of conversations replied to
- Quality Assurance (QA)
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 1-2+ years of experience in technical support; B2B and SaaS experience is preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on listening and asking the right questions; comfort communicating with customers via chat, email
- Can autonomously troubleshoot and perform in-depth investigations to fix a problem
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and customer needs
- Familiarity with the tools we use, including Google Apps, Hubspot (or Salesforce), Slack, Intercom, GitHub, and you learn how to use new tools quickly
- Familiarity with technical writing; writing troubleshooting and navigation steps for websites
- Attention to detail and curiosity to identify the core of issues
- Continuous learner with a desire to be the first to learn new features
- Experience working in public relations or familiarity with the industry is preferred
- Familiarity with boolean searching
- Must be willing to work one of the following shifts: 5:00am – 2:00pm EST, 7:00am – 4:00pm EST OR 10:00am – 7:00pm EST
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Skills assessment (2 hours max)
- Peer interviews with several team members
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is $27/hour. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.