At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a talented, ambitious self-starter with excellent editing and research skills to join our quality assurance team. We’re open to the work structure that brings the best person(s) to our team, whether that’s full-time, short term or remote. As a digital editor, you’ll act as a critical fail-safe to ensure some of the biggest names in Democratic politics and world-changing nonprofits always put their best foot forward. This is the perfect job for anyone who feels passionately about progressive activism and believes the AP Stylebook is essential to survival. If that’s you, read on.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Editing fundraising and advocacy emails daily for accuracy, syntax, punctuation, grammatical and spelling errors, and typos;
- Fact checking, fact checking, fact checking;
- Quality assurance on email tests and landing pages, including checking tracking, URLs, rendering, and general functionality;
- Ensuring emails are in line with both internal style and client-specific style, all while retaining a compelling, authentic voice; and
- Working with client teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and timelines on projects.
- At least one year in an editing-adjacent position or internship;
- Experience using a style guide (AP or otherwise);
- Discipline to read carefully, think critically, and strive for perfection;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment; and
- Passion for making our world a better place.
- Ability to parse policy is a plus.
- Experience with email functionality and/or user experience is helpful.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!