Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
The Content & Editorial team at Angi is looking for experienced Freelance Financial Writers to join our growing network of contributors. We’re building best-in-class digital content to help our users learn how to improve and take care of their homes.
This is a freelance, independent contractor position.
As a freelance writer for Angi, you will work with the Content & Editorial team to create and update engaging, informative articles that help homeowners understand the cost of common household projects, such as plumbing, electrical, interior/exterior home painting, landscaping, and more.
Freelance writers will receive content briefs and/or templates that contain details about each assignment, including priority keywords, suggested headlines, meta data, and subheadings, as well as general voice and tone guidelines and other best practices. Writers will be responsible for implementing changes based on feedback from Content Editors.
Content properties you will write for include, but are not limited to:
In this role, you’ll:
- Write 5 to 10+ new long-form articles (averaging 1,000-2,000 words) per month and/or update existing long-form articles (averaging 500-1,000 words), submitting articles throughout the month to meet deadlines.
- Research and obtain financial or technical data when needed, and then write compelling data-driven stories that are factually correct and original.
- Analyze data (such as total project costs, material breakdowns, labor costs, and cost factors) and break it down for readers in a clear, digestible way.
- Optimize articles for SEO using keywords, tables, visuals, etc.
- Incorporate edits and feedback from Content Editors, up to two rounds.
- Coordinate with the Content Project Manager for assignments and deadlines.
- Create content that upholds Angi’s brand voice and tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise, authority, and trust.
- Adopt a brand voice that is insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
- Ensure all work is free of grammatical errors prior to publication.
- Record time or projects accurately, submit itemized invoices on time, and follow up on payment, as needed, directly with our Accounts Payable department.
- 2 years or more experience writing evergreen web content.
- Experience writing in home services, home improvement, construction, personal finance, and/or real estate topics preferred.
- Knowledgeable about SEO and proficient at incorporating best practices into your writing.
- Skilled in translating sometimes complicated topics and data into articles that are clear and easy to digest.
- Well-versed in calculating common home projects using square footage, linear feet, labor, and more.
- Adept at using Grammarly, Google Docs, or other editing tools.
- Familiar with project management tools such as Monday.com is a plus.
- A degree in English, Communications, Creative/Technical Writing, Journalism, or a related degree is preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- This position offers per word pricing with an average per word rate of $0.20-$0.25 (commensurate with experience).
- This is a freelance position, meaning you are not employed by the company and not eligible for company benefits.