You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
AMEX Assurance Co. (AAC) provides insurance protection for American Express Card Members through implicit card benefits, and fee/add-on insurance products to both Card Members and non-Card Members. This exciting opportunity will reside in the Claim and Servicing Operations department of AAC, and primary responsibilities will include enrolling, servicing, and adjudication of insurance policies and claims; this role provides an exciting opportunity to handle claims for the Retail and Warranty products in the AMEX Assurance Co. Insurance portfolio.
Your duties may include but are not limited to:
- Investigation by using tools available to settle claims quickly and efficiently
- Maintaining state compliance
- Decision making of claims for these products, as well as direct phone interaction with the customer to ensure timely decisions
- Researching warranties and repair estimates by making outbound calls to businesses and manufacturers
- This position does not require previous insurance experience. We will provide you with all the necessary tools to be successful!
- Customer First Principles demonstrated through excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for exceptional service
- Strong phone skills
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid changes in workflow
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with minimal supervision to drive results
- Strong problem-solving skills, time management and organizational skills
- Superior level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in PC skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Insurance or Customer Service industry experience preferred but not required
- A current Claims Adjuster License is a plus
- If a license is not currently held, the applicant must be able to obtain the necessary license during the time frame allowed prior to training. Upon hiring, candidate will have 3 attempts to pass the Oklahoma Licensing exam. If the exam to obtain your license cannot be passed, within 3 attempts, employment will be terminated. We have a 98% pass rate.
Work at Home Requirements:
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate phone and internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably thorough broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted.)
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise and other distractions
While this position may start in a virtual capacity, the successful applicants who live within 35 miles of our Desert Ridge Service Center will be required to work onsite within a Hybrid model (2-3 days in office per week). Those who live outside the 35 miles radius will have the option of remaining virtual or working within the Hybrid model.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 6:00 am MST – 5:00 pm MST
***To be considered for this position you must reside in Arizona.
Salary Range: $21.00 to $24.05 hourly + bonus + benefits