This job contributes to Starbuck’s success by monitoring and auditing compliance of Company data regarding policies, standards, and procedures in order to control and minimize risk exposure. Assists in loss prevention efforts to support the overall financial health of Starbucks. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes data using various exception-based reporting programs to identify point-of-sale (POS) activities that are out of compliance with company policy, standards, or procedure. Keeps current with POS manipulation and other fraud techniques and develops queries to identify such activities.
- Conducts investigative interviews in cooperation with the operational leaders to resolve instances of fraud and policy violations.
- Detects inexplicable variations in POS metrics. Identifies trends and exceptions that affect loss prevention, such as thefts, fraud, and risk exposure at the Company’s retail locations.
- Documents variances between POS policy, standards, and procedures and actual activity. Recommends changes in procedures if the analysis indicates that there is a risk of fraud to the Company.
- Prepares information and analyses, for internal customers.
- Supports multiple markets across the US and Canada that use varying POS systems and have different POS operating policies, standards, and procedures. Keeps current with operational changes and promotions that affect POS behavior.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Behavioral and phone investigative interview experience in a retail setting (2+ years)
- Proficient with exception reporting systems (XBR, Aspect, etc.) to identify potential instances of fraud (2+ years)
- Experience reporting and evaluating database information (2 years)
- Loss prevention experience, including theft recognition, shrinkage prevention, and case development and documentation in a retail environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyze reports and develop processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of investigative policies and practices for point-of-sale systems
- Basic statistical knowledge
- Knowledge of common internal audit techniques