$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Patient Services Representative functions as an integral member of the team and is the first point of contact for all persons inquiring about the provider’s practice. The primary role is to organize the practice’s daily activities and paperwork.
This position is full-time Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits on all assigned accounts using electronic verification systems or by contacting payers directly to determine level of insurance coverage. When contacting payers directly, utilizes approved scripting.
- Obtains referral, authorization and pre-certification information and documents this information in system.
- Identifies outstanding balances from patient’s previous visits and attempts to collect any amount due.
- Trains staff on computer systems, new processes, payer updates and assigned reporting
- Functions as a Superuser for primary computer systems
- Proactively identifies and leads department process improvement opportunities
- Works on Special Projects as needed
- Performs the duties of a Patient Access Representative
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of specific admission, registration, and pre-registration requirements for all areas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent experience
- 1+ years of electronic health record experience
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience such as hospital, office setting, customer service setting, or phone support
- Ability to work full-time, Monday – Friday between 9:00am – 5:30pm PST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- 1+ years of experience with prior authorizations
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office or any medical setting
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Understanding of insurance policies and procedures
- Experience in insurance reimbursement and financial verification
- Ability to perform basic mathematics for financial payments
- Experience in requesting and processing financial payments
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Standing for long periods of time (10 to 12 hours) while using a workstation on wheels and phone/headset.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York, Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.