Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a core member of the payroll onboarding team, you’ll be responsible for setting up customer accounts to run payroll with Gusto while providing a delightful experience. You’ll put their minds at ease by guiding them through a complex process, providing timely information, and keeping all the moving parts running smoothly.
The Payroll Onboarding team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the payroll transfer and onboarding of small business owners and their employees to the Gusto platform. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every single day.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will assist, implement, and support customers at key moments in their payroll onboarding experience
- You will complete new Gusto payroll account setup on behalf of the customer and serve as their go-to advocate
- You will analyze, troubleshoot, and transfer sensitive customer data into the Gusto platform
- You will understand customer issues and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify and automate existing processes
- You will work with your teammates to deliver on customer deadlines
- You will serve as a thought partner to our sales team to ensure successful transfers
- You will directly communicate with customers in the form of both phone and email
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1-2+ years work experience – bonus points for exposure to payroll onboarding, finance, banking, healthcare or a start-up environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: you thrive when working with customers
- Passionate about developing efficient processes and driving results
- Enjoy working collaboratively with many stakeholders across the company
- Strong project management skills, organization abilities, and overall attention to detail
- Customer service experience
- Extracurricular activities, volunteer work, athletics, leadership
- Experience with Salesforce
- Payroll, tax, or compliance knowledge
- Proficient in Excel
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $23.56 – $26.45 in Denver & most remote locations, and $26.98 – $30.41 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.