As a member of J.P. Morgan’s Public Finance Group, you will be responsible for providing investment banking solutions for the complex financing needs of the firm’s public sector clients throughout the country. Your clients could include state and local governments, non-profit healthcare organizations, higher education and cultural institutions and/or other entities that issue tax-exempt debt. Client teams are based regionally and by industry sectors (Infrastructure, Healthcare, Higher Education, Housing, Energy and Environmental, etc.). You will provide exposure to all aspects of the capital markets by working closely with our sales & trading, underwriting, derivatives, and debt capital markets desks for prospective and live transactions.
- Work closely with junior and senior Public Finance banking professionals to support their day-to-day activities on assignments that may include preparing presentation material for client meetings, preparing RFP responses and creating client memos
- Evaluate existing debt portfolios for refunding/restructuring opportunities, and execute bond financings for all issues in which J.P. Morgan participates
- Work closely with all areas of Public Finance, including DCM, various syndicate desks, credit origination and derivatives marketing to pitch municipal clients and execute transactions
- Utilize industry-approved third-party programs (DBC) to prepare bond structures, and Interact with professionals in other areas of the firm to facilitate presentations, RFP responses and execute bond transactions
- Develop customized financial models using Excel to develop customized bond financing structures
- Utilize department deal tracking software for all live transactions
- Join in various internal department activities and compliance training, as well as participate in client presentations, as required.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Adaptable with ability to manage projects independently and ready to assume a high level of responsibility
- Strong work ethic with ability to commit to the multi-year analyst program
- Work well under pressure in a demanding environment with ability to produce accurate, detailed material while adhering to tight deadlines
- Well rounded academic background with relevant coursework in Finance or Economics
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to demonstrate academic strength, strong teamwork, communication skills and a high energy level. An undergraduate degree from a competitive university or higher required.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Previous Public Finance experience at an investment bank or financial advisory firm desired.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.