Compensation Range : $41,000-$66,000 based on experience
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our world class sales and sales support teams work directly with businesses of all sizes to offer products and services to meet our customers’ unique needs. We are committed to understanding our customers and use best-in-class sales tools and technology to find the best solutions. We’re constantly discovering new ways to reach our goals, taking time to develop our skills, and investing in our career growth, so we can enjoy lucrative opportunities and grow our careers both within and beyond sales.
· Provide a high level of customer service as a liaison between the Furniture and Facilities teams to develop growth opportunities for both groups.
· Present ideas that could change procedures with the result of reducing the response time, creating efficiency and are repeatable throughout each region.
· Make decisions on determining installation costs, return trips, and escalates issues through the proper channels when necessary.
· Make decisions on scheduling, product delivery, and proper communication when managing large multi-location installations and services.
· Provide a high level of discretion when working with customers, LOB partners, and BI field personnel when coordinating projects or resolving issues.
· Be the single point of contact for Facilities and Furniture partners. Work with the Project Managers from each line of business to provide service quotes, create and manage services orders and provide job status updates via email, Salesforce, CFS and phone.
· Negotiate install cost and timelines with furniture and facilities PMs to ensure the job is done in a timely manner and at an appropriate cost that is beneficial to both businesses.
· Be the single point of contact for our 3rd party installers. Communicate with the 3rd party installers to determine install costs, schedule installations, and confirm deliveries.
What you bring to the table:
· Knowledge of industry and products being installed (inc. furniture, janitorial supplies, etc.).
· Ability to be a problem solver.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to compose effective and efficient reports and correspondence.
· Ability to use tact and skill in dealing with other staff, visitors and vendors, and internal partners.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year experience at the full performance level as an Administrative Assistant I, Coordinator; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with computers and computer applications such as Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!