This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
We offer weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be based off their schedule. (weeks not determined but training is based on work shift / schedule / business hours)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Monitors and fosters ongoing communications with government agencies and applicants regarding the status of claims.
- Documents and updates internal database based on all daily activity.
- Identifies and takes appropriate actions to complete and submit required financial, medical, and personal information forms to support the client application process.
- Diligently follows-up with institutions/businesses resolving issues ultimately affecting application approval.
- Identifies appropriate escalation points and works with direct manager to resolve issues.
- Will be working with inbound/outbound calls.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent experience
- 1+ year of customer service experience in healthcare, state/federal agency, or insurance environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work full-time between 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Associate’s Degree (or higher)
- Bilingual fluency in English and / or Spanish
- Experience with State and Federal benefits
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build strong relationships
Physical and Work Environment:
- Standard office duties
- Willing to sit for long periods of time
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.