Now accepting applications for Seasonal Remote Sales & Reservations Agents through July 1st!
U-Haul is seeking energized and highly motivated individuals to join our Sales & Reservations Team. Work-from-home Agents take back-to-back incoming calls from customers who need help and support with U-Haul products and services. $17 per hour. Primary duties include:
- Serving customers by quoting rental rates and earning new business through sales, cross-selling, and overcoming objections.
- Providing support to customers with existing business – making changes to reservations, answering general questions, helping customers with concerns, and taking storage payments.
This is a great opportunity for students, educators, or anyone who wants a temporary, Summer job with potential to promote to a permanent, part, or full-time role.
Our comprehensive, paid, four-week education program is fast-paced, hands-on, and will help to build upon your skill set through continuous coaching and education. Education includes instructor-led class discussions, role play, and e-learning modules through our very own U-Haul University. The instructor-led guidance will prepare you to support our customers independently as you learn and begin performing some of your job duties, including taking live calls with customers in the first week.
We are currently seeking talented individuals to serve our customers during the Summer season. As a Seasonal Sales & Reservations Agent, you will work remote within defined guidelines, including scripting and reading customer advisories, to facilitate the reservation process for customers through inbound sales calls.
- We are accepting applicants starting now through July 1st, 2023.
- August 31st, 2023, is the end date for this seasonal position (unless offered a part, or full-time role).
- Must be able to work at least 8-weeks.
- Must be able to attend all mandatory training.
- Must be able to work 25 to 40-hours per week – no overtime. Candidates with availability closer to 40-hours are preferred.
- Must be able to work at least one weekend day per week for at least one six (6) hour shift. Working two is preferred.
- Available to work between 1:00pm – 7:00pm Arizona time
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
- Hours are not guaranteed. Your schedule will fluctuate based on forecasted customer call volume/demand
- Identify and confirm the customer’s moving needs and finds needs-based solutions by matching the available products or services. Be the ‘Moving Expert!’
- Recommend new or alternate products and services that might be of interest to the customer through cross-selling.
- Learn and sell the benefits of doing business with U-Haul.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction while demonstrating commitment to quality through positive and upbeat customer interactions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (clear speaking voice, excellent verbal communication, and active listening skills).
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, including navigating and using multiple business applications.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment is required.
- One year of customer contact experience in a needs-based sales environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced contact center environment.
- 6+ months experience frequently communicating with customers by phone, e-mail, chat, and/or face-to-face.
Work from home requirements:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working in-person at a U-Haul facility. This position does not allow flexibility to be on-call care for others during work hours.
- All work duties, including initial training, must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, Manager approval is required.
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
*Computer requirements and internet speed will be verified, if interviewed. Additional requirements may apply.
- Windows 10 or 11
- 8GB of RAM/memory or higher
- Processor must have CPU benchmark score of 2,000 or higher
- Webcam (external or built in is ok)
- USB headset
- Ping under 100
- 10mb download
- 5mb upload
The following is not permitted due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- MAC Operating Systems
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet, or similar.
- Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
- Computer stick or similar device.
- Rental, rent-to-own, or public computer/laptop.
- Working in a public place or using public Internet.
- Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the Team Member.
- Running non-work-related programs while working.
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.