Provides account management support for domestic and international wholesale and tour operator accounts that buy locally within the market located in top source markets that buy locally within the market. Partners with the Global Sales Organization (GSO) team to verify the pull through of segment strategies and tools in the market, as appropriate. Develops strategic relationships with key segment buyers with the purpose of penetrating and growing local market share and driving revenue to hotels within the organization.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
• Wholesale/FIT experience
• International/Tour & Travel Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Account Sales Activities
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue through account growth, margin management and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives in the key buying locations.
• Partners with the GSO team to verify the pull through segment strategies and tools in the market.
• Leverages appropriate corporate (e.g., Global Account Executives, Sales & Marketing Support, eCommerce, Marketing, etc.) and market resources (e.g., sales office, property leadership) to establish pull-through and sustainment of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Achieves local account revenue and sales goals as defined by Market leadership. Develops and achieves operating budgets and manages controllable expenses.
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Leverages all available sales channels (e.g., industry trade shows/events, GSO Wholesale Sales Teams, etc.) in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
• Completes Marriott’s Wholesale Certification Program (Wholesale)
• Source business outside of deployed regions when appropriate and secure outbound booking fees on all qualified definite opportutnites
• Focuses on opportunities from domestic and receptive tour operators providing motorcoach and/or adhoc group, both international and domestic business, including Meetings Incentives Conferences Exhibitions (MICE) and Corporate inbound business
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing Wholesale/Leisure Sales Activities
• Implements the overall account strategy at local properties within the market.
• Focuses on opportunities from wholesale/FIT operators, both international and domestic business.
• Works with revenue management to set sales strategy, run promotions, set rates, assure all Dynamic Rate programs are open and connected to wholesale partners and make adjustments based on market conditions.
• Works closely with each property to establish wholesale processes and procedures with operations staff (e.g. Front Desk, Reservations, Accounting, etc.) to establish pull-through of business at the property level.
• Creates annual FIT Yieldable contracts with key non-connected wholesale accounts, verifying the pull-through of contract terms and conditions at the property level.
• Engages with international Global Sales Organization (GSO) offices, General Sales Agents (GSAs) and Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVBs) in both destination and country of origin, as appropriate for country-specific deployment.
• Gains expertise in resort amenities (e.g. Golf, Spa), ‘new package offerings’ and market promotions; promotes offerings with local buyers.
• Understands competitive market set and economic environment in order to position hotels appropriately during sales process.
• Attends appropriate trade shows
• Identifies new FIT and group opportunities with new accounts by attending industry trade shows and events.
• Support Dynamic Global Distribution Strategy by assuring that all connected key wholesale accounts are not given static contracts.
• Support Marriott’s Wholesales strategy by assuring that your hotels are not entering into pre-buy contracts and static contracts with allotments.
• Partners with Senior Account Executive (SAE), International Tour & Travel to pull through business within launch market and sustain selling solutions at the property level.
Building Successful Relationships
• Serves as account’s “local service guarantee” by verifying that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Establishes strong partnerships between field and corporate by maintaining a productive dialogue and exchange of ideas.
• Acts as the customer advocate through understanding the account needs and opportunities. Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks in the market to determine strategic Sales and Marketing implications and provides feedback to key stakeholders (e.g., GSO, Sales Office etc.); partners with key stakeholders in account planning and determining strategy execution approaches for the market.
• Manages relationships with the key buyers that drive business to the market to optimize account reach and share for the wholesale segment.
• Develops working relationships with Sales Office/Property staff and provides coaching on specific booking needs for motorcoach tour groups and ad hoc international groups to establish pull-through of opportunities of the wholesale segment.
• Develops and manages relationships with key buyers that drive business to the local market, optimize share and grow the leisure segment.
• Maintains relationships with key travel programs already established at the enterprise-level for the leisure segment.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.
• Develops working relationships with Sales Office and provides coaching on specific booking needs of travel agency business.
California Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $70,838.00 to $151,428.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $70,838.00 to $137,661.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $85,714.00 to $151,428.00 annually.
Washington Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $70,838.00 to $151,428.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive a quarterly bonus. Employees will accrue 0.04616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.