Resident is an industry-leader in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016 (with over 1 million happy sleepers and counting), we have also launched the Dreamcloud, Awara and Level Sleep brands to cater to a variety of sleep preferences. Our mission is simple, we strive to make inspiring products people love coming home to (and to help everyone afford a great night’s sleep)!
Oh, and by the way – we’ve been doing the “remote work thing” since the day we started. So you can expect a hard working team of people that understands how to create meaningful connections and get great work done virtually – it’s in our nature!
This is a fully remote position. To be considered for this opportunity you must reside within and have the right to work in the United States.
The Service Recovery Lead is responsible for supporting Service Recovery Support Specialists in real-time with navigating challenging interactions via phone and email with a balanced approach to business results and customer happiness. This includes monitoring, coaching, training, and performing Quality Assurance reviews to resolve customer concerns and ensure best in class customer experience is delivered.
- Engages with support specialists in real-time to help them better serve escalated customers, resolve issues, reduce negative customer sentiment and drive proactive outreach to improve the customer experience
- Oversees day-to-day workflow of support specialists to meet or exceed SLAs, AHT, CSAT, and other customer service metrics. Communicates any trends and feedback to leadership
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams, coaches, and trainers to develop and execute strategies and initiatives to help agents resolve real-time customer questions and concerns to improve customer satisfaction and reduce customer escalations
- Completes thorough quality assurance assignments for support specialists
- Provides coaching and guidance to agents in group and individual settings to improve team performance and achieve team goals
- Proactively identifies, reviews, analyzes and takes action on potential escalations received through various channels and customer interactions that could lead to negative sentiment and potential negative reviews
- Handles escalated customer interactions as needed via phone and email
- Oversees and engates with Support Specialists on task tickets across multiple internal Asana boards to ensure timely resolution of customer escalations and complaints
- Oversees and engages with Support Specialists in their Product Review, NPS Survey, and CSAT workflows to ensure timely outreach and resolution for submitted customer feedback
- Creates a sense of urgency amongst team members to resolve to address any customer concerns, complaints, and escalations within set service levels
- Multi-tasks on a variety of web-based tools simultaneously to efficiently and effectively address customer inquiries
- Acts as a role model for support specialists and leads by example through our core values of Excellence, Customer Love, Big Thinking, Inclusivity, and Forward Momentum
- Engages non-stop throughout your shift with your team to promote a fun, customer-centric environment and strong team culture
- Remains up-to-date on key workflow changes, as well as guidelines and policy/procedures.
- Have open availability and able to work weekends and key holidays
- 3+ Years Experience as a Customer Service Agent or 1+ years as a Lead in a fast-paced Customer Success/Experience call center or remote environment
- Experience in a startup, DTC, or e-commerce environment is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong computer literacy with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new platforms
- Comfortable and familiar with working from home and being a self-starter.
- Adept at diffusing escalated customers and able to jump in and take over on a moment’s notice
- Great team building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates logical thinking, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills to critically and creatively resolve customer concerns
- Experience/proficiency in programs such as Chat Tools, Five9, Google Suite, Slack
- Proficient in key service metrics and has experience monitoring productivity
- The ability to bring an upbeat, professional and respectful approach to internal and external customers
What We Offer (subject to eligibility requirements):
- Remote-first workplace (since 2016!)
- Competitive pay
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- HSA company contributions
- 401K with company match component
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Wellness benefits
- WFH office and cell phone/internet stipend
- A FREE MATTRESS plus an awesome Friends and Family discount!