One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. We give our guests the Medallion Class experience others simply can’t. The Love Boat promises something for everyone.
We’re looking for an amazing Social Media Specialist to fill this role. You’ll be responsible for managing Princess presence on social media platforms inclusive of Facebook, Instagram, Threads, X, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest. A typical day will include social content planning and creation in coordination with internal teams and agency partners. They will work with Shoreside teams, as well as Shipboard teams, to communicate Princess products accurately and creatively. There is opportunity for travel to capture content or oversee content creation on our ships. The ultimate objective is to increase brand awareness, drive engagement, and foster community growth while support key business initiatives.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Social Media Specialist. Is this you?
- Produces (alongside agency support) content for daily social posts to all platforms that engage and grow our audiences, building meaningful connections with our followers and increasing brand awareness of our products.
- Creates, manages, and schedules social content development and editorial calendar, supporting key business initiatives.
- Collaborates with internal / external marketing teams on media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules. Partner with fellow marketing team members to leverage social content across other marketing channels.
- Maintain constant awareness of key strategic initiatives through broader content calendar and how social media can support those initiatives.
- Organize and maintain this content in a digital asset library with social media assets, including by not limited to images, videos, graphics, and other multimedia content.
- Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and mentions on social media platforms to build and maintain a positive online community.
- Use social media analytics tools to track key performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, conversion) and provide regular reports to measure the effectiveness of social media efforts; adjust content strategies based on data-driven insights
- Assist in identifying posts for paid social media campaigns to drive traffic, conversions, and brand exposure.
- Oversee content shoots or capture content on our ships as content is needed.
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven experience in social media management and content creation. Experience in the travel industry preferred.
- Strong knowledge of various social media platforms and their best practices.
- Proficiency with social media management tools and analytics platforms (e.g., Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Buffer, Google Analytics, platform-specific analytics tools).
- Strong storytelling, writing and editing skills with an ability to adapt content for different formats and audiences.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to simplify the complex, explain difficult content to others, and give feedback on creative.
- Experience creating content for communications campaigns on major social and digital platforms and ability to translate analytics.
- Be self-motivated, adaptable, detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects and problem solve.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to develop and create high-quality and engaging content, including text, images, videos, and graphics, tailored to different social media platforms.
- Creative thinking and a keen eye for design.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with SEO and digital marketing concepts is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Princess is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
Please note that this position can be 100% fully remote, US Only (please note that Princess Cruises is not setup to hire anyone in the following states: AR, CT, DE, HI, IA, KY, LA, ME, MI, MT, MS, ND, NE, NH, OK, SD, VT, WV, WI, WY)
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
- Base Salary Range: $54,200.00 to $73,200.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates’ qualifications and experience uniquely.