Amazon is now offering flexibility to choose among 3 different working models, in-office, hybrid, and virtual.
• In Office: Employees will be office based and be assigned a desk in an Amazon building. Employees will be required to reside within a commutable distance of the office they are assigned to.
• Hybrid: Employees will be required to reside within a commutable distance of the office they are assigned to but have the flexibility to regularly work from home as well as from the office. Employees on a Hybrid work pattern will be expected to attend their assigned office a minimum of one day per week. These employees will follow agile seating when in office.
• Virtual Workers: Employees must be based in the US and work will be aligned to an AWS office based on their time zone, and are not required to attend an office on a regular basis. If needed, virtual employees may go into an office for critical trainings, meetings and team-building events. These employees will follow agile seating when in office.
The AWS Customer Service team provides support to a wide range of external customers helping them understand the benefits and capabilities of the AWS’s Cloud Computing Services. This team focuses on handling the highest level of customer escalations, those that have been escalated to Amazon or AWS leadership and executives. We assist customers with account and billing related inquiries and interface with internal Amazon organizations to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer and resolve long-term defects.
As an Executive Customer Relations Specialist, you will be responsible for several workflows, employing critical thinking to resolve highly complex contacts that come from executives, Amazon and AWS leadership, and front-line teams. To solve these complex issues, diving deep is essential to determine the root cause of customer problems, existing policies, communication between internal teams, and more. ECR also acts as a bridge between CS and Non-CS teams, meaning you will have in-depth knowledge in a multitude of services and tools available to internal and external customers. You will assist other departments in efficiently solving high impact, time dependent problems.
Key job responsibilities
• Provide outstanding customer service to address billing, account access and authentication inquires, as well as general resource management while keeping customer data safe.
• Efficiently navigate an ambiguous space when resolutions for issues are unclear or do not exist yet.
• Identify root-causes of customer issues, areas for improvement and provide valuable feedback to business and development teams
• Assist with customer communication during AWS critical launches and support events
• Assume responsibility for developing and updating detailed knowledge of internal reference pages
• Possess strong relationship-building skills to help influence peers and internal teams
• Ability to effectively work independently.
• Write summaries of complex, ongoing customer issues for executives and CS leadership
This role does require the ability to work weekends and/or evenings.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ yrs. technical experience working with computer systems and technology components
• 2+ years of experience working in the Customer Service/Contact Center industry
• Demonstrated working knowledge in at least one technology domain area (cloud computing, internet, network, software, security, account management, Amazon services).
• Impeccable communication skills, especially in writing
• High School Diploma or GED.
* Experience in Technical Support.
* Experience in an Escalations environment.
* Proficiency in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel.
* A drive to dig into the details of process to solve customer problems.
* Proven success in a fast paced support environment.
* Demonstrated familiarity with Web Technologies and the Internet.
* Proficiency in researching efficiently.
* Experience cross-collaborating with different teams within an organization
The base pay range for this position is $65,600 – $125,100/yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.