The Senior Vice President (SVP) of Operations is a new position on the executive leadership team for The Shade Room. The SVP of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization as well as help strategically guide and execute the company’s growth. The SVP of Operations will focus on meeting cross-departmental KPI’s, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization, all while investigating the future of digital operations, tools, and technology.
This position will oversee sales operations for the organization. The SVP of Operations will work with Head of Revenue to develop and implement company sales objectives and strategies.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations department.
- Oversee the implementation of technology solutions throughout the organization
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Unite department leaders across the company through strong communication that guarantees everyone is aligned on solutions affecting the business.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.) with CEO.
- Sales operations:
- Provide counsel to Head of Revenue in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflects business goals.
- Work with Human Resources to review and update current sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales strategy, and align with business and sales objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs.
- Work closely with Finance and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence are provided to the leadership team. Develops new reporting tools as needed.
- Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate salesforce reporting initiatives.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Owns execution and ongoing success of operational improvement efforts. Assesses company needs and processes across teams to identify strategic areas of overlap and opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Work with the leadership team to develop our existing leadership team and identify future leaders, all to create/maintain the culture of internal career development.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management within the digital media publishing industry.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided for department.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the Operations department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the operations department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thrives in complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Extensive knowledge of digital/online media industry principles, procedures, and best practices.
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, process, and workflow.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with Salesforce or related software.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Journalism or other industry-related field required; MBA a plus. At least 10 years of industry-related (online/digital media or entertainment) experience including five years in upper management required. Minimum of five years in a sales operation, business planning, or sales support management role in a digital/online media organization. Experience as a Google Workspace Administrator or similar software preferred but not required.
This is a full-time and exempt position. The annual salary range is $200,000 – $240,000. Annual salary compensation will be based off of experience and local cost of living.
The Shade Room is a fully remote work environment with a wonderful team of hardworking, innovative and creative people. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, 401K match, sick time and paid time off!