You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic and each day presents a new set of challenges. And that’s where UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses is taking the lead. We see those challenges as opportunities, but we can’t do it alone. You’ll play a leadership role in a high volume, focus and performance driven call center where the goal is always to connect with members and enhance the customer experience. Now you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to stay positive at all times especially in difficult situations. You’ll be asked to mentor, challenge and communicate effectively with all different types of people.
This position is full – time (40 hours / week), Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time zone). Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily / weekly / monthly activities of team members including:
- Simple and Complex Claim processing
- Incoming call, chat and secure messaging
- Proactive outbound campaigns
- Manages team commitment inventory
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met
- Coordinates work activities with other Supervisors, Specialists, Business Partners, etc.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Provides coaching and feedback to team members, including coaching as well as formal corrective action
- Conducts performance reviews for team members
- Responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers, including responding to escalated callers
- Direct phone – based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service – related environment
- Experience with using computer and Windows personal computer applications, including keyboard and navigation skills
- Experience with using computer and Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort, filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time zone) from Monday – Friday
- 1+ years of experience in processing claims with UMR Claims Processing System (UMR is UnitedHealthcare’s third – party administrator (TPA) solution and the candidate must work within UMR to have experience with this system)
- Experience with and understanding of the healthcare industry
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to multi – task including the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Adeptness in learning new computer programs; the ability to type and talk at the same time and toggle between multiple screens
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York City residents is $46,700 – $91,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.