Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
The Tax Analyst is a key part of the customer service team assigned to each CCC Client. The main role of the Tax Analyst is to assist clients in obtaining the lowest possible unemployment tax rates based on their individual experience and history as well as within statutory guidelines. Tax Analysts accomplish this by auditing various unemployment tax documents received from state unemployment agencies, such as tax rates, statements of account, notices of delinquency and refund checks just to name a few. The Tax Analyst must have the ability to interpret unemployment statutes and accurately apply them to each customer’s individual circumstances. This is a key customer service position that requires analytical thinking, attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once while providing superior customer service. The Tax Analyst should have the ability to collaborate with CCC Teams, state agencies and clients.
- Audit unemployment tax rates received for assigned clients
- Protest unemployment tax rates with discrepancies and notify the client
- Audit quarterly contribution reports sent by client and notify the client of any inaccuracies
- Complete annual unemployment tax rate projections as requested by client
- Provide guidance and consultation, as requested by clients, for any notices received from state unemployment agencies
- Complete annual tax rate comparison report
- Communicate with state unemployment agencies on clients’ behalf
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and evolve with a changing, seasonal workflow
- Some secondary education preferred