Forbes Media seeks a Benefits Specialist for an 8 month, temporary position. This person will report into the VP of Benefits & HRIS with a dotted line to the Benefits Manager to support all aspects of employee benefit administration. The ideal candidate has experience administering employee benefits, managing benefits data in HR systems, running and analyzing complex data reports from HR and vendor databases, and is organized and eager to join the team to help administer the employee benefits and policies at Forbes Media.
- Benefits & HRIS Administration:
- Assists in administration of all employee benefit programs including but not limited to medical, dental, life, disability, flex spending accounts, health savings accounts, EAP, commuter transit benefit, and 401k plan.
- Owns the benefits invoicing process.
- Reviews and processes new hire/COBRA benefit enrollments, terminations, and mid-year changes in ADP Workforce Now and manage eligibility data sent to vendor databases.
- In partnership with the Benefits Manager, coordinates and manages a portion of annual Open Enrollment (OE) which includes testing the benefits enrollment module in ADP, coordinating employee education sessions, draft the communication materials for employees, and audit enrollments following OE.
- Employee Engagement
- Assists in drafting communications for health and wellness seminars, educational initiatives, including our annual benefits and Wellness fair, and quarterly newsletters
- Supports Benefits Manager with employee benefit inquiries and managing the Benefits email inbox.
- Analysis & Audit of Benefit Plans
- Regularly audits all benefit enrollment information in ADP with benefit vendor databases
- Monitors and audits payroll deductions for accuracy
- Stays up to date on federal regulations, including IRS, DOL compliance, ERISA law, ACA and other laws governing employee and retirement benefits
- Assists with other research as needed including but not limited to ensuring compliance with existing and emerging laws and/or regulations pertaining to leave time off, paid family leave, benefits eligibility, etc.
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of corporate benefits experience required with strong working knowledge of benefit programs including health and welfare plans, 401k, FMLA, COBRA, ERISA, health savings accounts, flex spending accounts, disability plans, medical and dental plans.
- Advanced level MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Experienced working with robust HRIS and benefits software systems
- Strong knowledge of benefit plan compliance requirements, state and federal laws such as FMLA, PPACA, COBRA, ERISA, etc.
- Exposure to payroll processing preferred.
- Strong analytical skills paired with an understanding of, and commitment to data integrity
- Confidentiality and discretion is a must
- Extremely detail oriented and well organized with the ability to multitask and set priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems using both internal and external resources.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, while maintaining self motivation.
The hourly rate for this role is $30.00 – $45.00.